Saturday, October 11, 2008

time to put my thinking cap! v(",)v


Time to put a thinking cap!! My future classroom? Actually I am afraid to say it. Afraid I might be too ambitious…but then, I still want to imagine and dream on my future classroom….surely, I want a conducive classroom, not only for me to be comfortable to teach. But also for all my kids in the classroom. They need that more right?


As what Suhaili and I had posted in ADEC, we would like to have smartboard, a television and peripheral learning in our classroom.


Thus, I can conclude here that actually what I dream my future classroom to has is that both traditional and the latest stuff. I began to think what I have learned at IPIK and here. At IPIK, more on traditional method, still technology is not left behind. But then, here we focus more on technology as it is the latest. Thus, for me both are important. I remember what I have read in a book that mankind actually easily bored with the same things. It means that we can’t bear doing the same job forever. Thus, the variety of materials used in classroom as teaching aids should serve this basic mankind characteristic.


I also dream to have a classroom where my pupils can freely move and arrange their tables to suit any activities that I prepare, means I need a big class. There should be a space to put smartboard with LCD already fixed like in our lab. There will be also a televison set, a few computers and at one corner there will reading corner with all the reading materials and pupils’ work. On the wall, there should be updated charts and latest info that serve the peripheral learning. Is this too much? Hope not. And hope that could comfort all my pupils so that help them learn better. InsyaAllah…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup liza, i also feel that both technological an d'traditional' instructional teaching methods are important. as for me, i think it would be rather incovenience if a teacher use only technology in the classroom, as sometimes, computers, laptops, internet, projecters might give problem to teachers - there's no internet connection, black out, malfunction and etc. therefore, a teacher needs to have a backup plan/ plan B if those things occur, and the backup plan is a 'traditional' ones. in a classroom, a balance between technological intructional and the good old days methods is a must i feel.