Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Assignment 3

This week we are still working on the Assignment 3 which is developing activities using Smart Board. I am still struggling to finish it. Preparing activities using Smart Board is different from using usual method or usual board. There are a lot techniques and tools need to be discovered to make full use of the Smart Board. When exploring what it serves, I just can say this is so good, marvelous. Children could like this technique where they can join during the teaching process. But then, it just does if the activities prepared are suitable and suit the learners and also the Smart Board’s function. Further more, the features teachers used in the activities should be interesting and welcoming to encourage pupils’ participation. That what need to be bear in my mind all the while throughout completing this assignment. Besides, other factors should be considered such as the font, the colour, the pictures and the instructions. All should be suit to my major audience, the little Malaysian who are their physical, cognitive and social growth yet to be full developed. Therefore, what I can say, it is not easy to prepare this interactive activities using Smart Board. Creativity and knowledge on children psychology play important part. I remembered what Tolley mentioned in his article, that this line somehow struck my mind….

“You cannot hold the butterfly (of excellent performance) inside a text-book – it is transient or ephemeral – it needs to be seen to be believed.”

Yup. Depending on text book per say does assure how far pupils understand what have been taught. When teachers can see pupils’ response, teachers can get immediate message whether they are on the right track. On the other hand, pupils also can get immediate feedback. Means, if they are wrong, teachers can correct on the spot and this can be shared with other pupils. Teaching what pupils can see and touch and do, make them understand better.

This week also, my group has been chosen to share what we have done. We chose one of our group members’ works to be presented. Actually, I am so grateful as after presenting and get feedback, we can see what should be improved and changed. As what I say above, they are a lot of factors to be considered in preparing this teaching aid. Luckily, there is still time for my group members and me to improve.

No comments: